I-601, Petitioner for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility

Filing an I-601 is necessary to waive "inadmissibility". If you are seeking adjustment of status or certain immigration benefits, you must file the I-601 form to remove your grounds of inadmissibility.

"Grounds of inadmissibility" include:
1) If you have accrued 6 months to 1 years of unlawful presence in the US, you have a 3 year ban from reentry.

2) If you have accrued over 1 year of unlawful presence in the US, you have a 10 year ban from reentry.

An I-601 can be filed by a qualifying relative(s) who would experience extreme hardship as a result of the beneficiary’s absence.

The I-601 waiver request process requires evidence of extreme hardship, multiple form filings and a waiver request in the form of a brief.

Form I-601: Petition for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility



Required Material

Evidence of Extreme Hardship:
Birth / marriage / adoption certificates showing family ties
Affidavits from qualifying relatives
Expert opinions, psychologists, psychiatrist, doctor, etc.
Evidence of employment or business ties, payroll records, tax statements
Evidence of financial hardships, mortgage, rental agreement, bills
Medical documentation or evaluations by medical professionals supporting claims to medical hardships
Records of membership in community organizations, volunteer confirmation, cultural affiliations
Country condition reports
Any other evidence that shows hardship
Immediate relatives can receive an approval in as little as 4 months. This list is not all inclusive, as each case is unique and subject to individual review.

The I-601 filing is impacted by many factors- each determines a different step for your individual case.

Given the complex nature of the I-601 filing, it is important that you meet with The Immigration Law Offices of Hadley Bajramovic to determine how your I-601 should be submitted. Call (951) 588 9838 to schedule an appointment.