T Visa, Victims of Human Trafficking

The T Nonimmigrant Status (T-visa) is a set aside for those who are or have been victims of human trafficking. The T-visa protects and allows victims of human trafficking to remain in the United States so they may assist in an investigation or prosecution of human traffickers.

Trafficking can be described as the recruitment, transportation, or harboring of persons through threats, coercion, abduction, fraud, deception, or through the abuse of power over a victim that is in a position of vulnerability (financial or otherwise) for the purpose of exploitation. Human trafficking includes sexual exploitation, known as sex trafficking, or forced labor known as labor trafficking. Circumstances around human trafficking and applying for a T-visa are usually complicated and need a case-by-case analysis, so please contact us for consultation if you or someone you know may be a victim of human trafficking.

Form I-914: Application for T Visa, Non-immigrant Status


There is no fee to apply for T-Visa

Family Applications

If you are under 21 years old, you can apply for T-visa status for your:
Unmarried children under 21 years of age;
Parents; and/or
Unmarried sisters or brothers under the age of 18
If you are over 21 years old, you can apply for your:
Spouse; and/or
Unmarried children under the age of 21.

Required Material

Form I-914, Application for T Nonimmigrant Status
3 passport size photographs
A personal statement explaining how you were a victim of trafficking (on the Form I-914)
Evidence to show you meet the eligibility requirements
*If you are not allowed to enter the United States (inadmissible status), you are required to file an I-192, Application for Advance Permission to Enter as a Non-Immigrant.

Processing time varies from 3 to 5 months, but can fluctuate depending on the volume of cases and evidence submitted.

Filing for Legal Permanent Residence (Green Card)

Three years after being granted T-Visa, you may apply for a green card. You must submit a separate I-485 application packet for yourself and, if applicable, for each family member who received derivative T-1 status based on your case.

Read more information about the I-485 process at this link.

Permission to Work in the United States (EAD)

You will receive a work permit (EAD) the same time your T-Visa application is approved. No application for working permission is required.

Our office is well-versed in the T-Visa process and have a thorough understanding of this complicated procedure. It is highly suggested that you keep in touch with The Immigration Law Offices of Hadley Bajramovic PC to ensure that your application is submitted and processed correctly.